Thursday 27 March 2014

DockFlow brings awesome animations to your iPhone dock [ Jailbreak Tweak]

When you were stuck on iOS 7 without a jailbreak, what was the tweak you just couldn’t wait to download? For me, it was Barrel. Barrel used to be a staple on my device, but recently I’ve been heading more toward the Cylinder. They have the same function, but I think Cylinder stepped up the game. The reason I bring these tweaks up because DockFlow is a lot like Barrel, except it’s for your dock.
If you’re like me and love different animations on your device, then you’re probably going to be a pretty big fan of DockFlow. This is something I plan on using on my daily driver because if I uninstall it, I know I’ll miss it. 
You can see that it doesn’t only add animations to your dock, but it will also alter the appearance. My favorite right now is “Rotary” (pictured above). This makes it so the icons spin on an axis. You can see that there are icons in the foreground as well as in the background.
If we go into the settings, one thing to mention is that the settings panel is not named “DockFlow”, it’s named “BarrelDock”, which I believe was what the tweak was named previously, but just hasn’t been updated. Once you tap on BarrelDock, you’ll be presented with some toggles that allow you to to continuously scroll, enabled paging, remove dock labels, and center an icon when you select it in the dock.
Some animations will require you to change the icons spacing in order for it to look good, and you can easily do so with the sliders in the picture below. You also can change the scroll speed and perspective of the icons for certain animations. 

But, the real fun comes when you start to choose an animation. There are 11 animations in total right now and most of them are pretty good. Rather than trying to describe all the animations to you.  
You can pick up DockFlow in Cydia for $1.99. Let me know what you guys think about it in the comments below, I’m pretty excited to see what kind of updates and new animations this tweak will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment